Richard Shepherd is the Conservative candidate standing in the forthcoming Sheringham North by-election, to be held on Thursday 28th November.
Dick says: "I'm a former district councillor and Chairman of North Norfolk District Council, with a long track record of positive action and campaigning on behalf of Sheringham businesses and residents."
During his time as a district councillor, Dick successfully campaigned for a Compulsory Purchase Order on the former Shannocks Hotel (now being actioned by NNDC); oversaw the restoration of the town War Memorial, Victorian shelter at the Yacht Pond, and the 'Tank'; and prevented the Burlington Hotel from being demolished. If elected as the new district councillor for Sheringham North, Dick pledges:
- I know pedestrianisation has raised strong views, for and against; and that there are different ideas as to possible solutions. I will call for a 'parish poll' - a chance for every single resident in Sheringham to have their say on what should happen next.
- I will hold a monthly surgery at my home in Waterbank Road, providing an opportunity for local people to raise concerns and issues with me directly.
- Working with Cllr Judy Oliver, our County Councillor for Sheringham, I will continue to campaign for a roundabout at the A148/Holway Road junction. We see this as essential for the safety of local drivers and visitors to the town.
If you'd like to support Dick's campaign, you can help in any of the following ways:
- Helping with leaflet deliveries and door-knocking in Sheringham North
- Displaying one of our #shepforsheringham window and car stickers
- Sharing our social media #shepforsheringham posts with family, friends, and colleagues
If you are a resident of Sheringham North and would like to discuss a local concern or issue with Dick, please contact him - details below.